[opensuse-gnome] Timeshift discussion
  • From: Bryen <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:16:42 -0500
Regarding our weekly openSUSE-GNOME meetings, we had a discussion this
morning about our regularly scheduled timeshift meetings which occur
first of the month at 11:00 UTC. It was agreed that that hour isn't
proving effective in getting regular attendance and that we needed to
consider a more optimal time, if we even continue timeshifts at all.

I've discussed possibilities with several people in different key areas
globally to get a feel and am presenting the findings for discussion on
this email thread. Please review and communicate your thoughts.
Depending on the responses, we may go with the new timeshift next week:

Option 1) Eliminate Timeshifting altogether. This would make it very
difficult for people in eastern Asia/Australia to attend meetings.

Option 2) Create new timeshift for 23:00 UTC. This seems to get the
widest support globally. However, India (Our beloved Evo team) would be
left out. I discussed with Srag, and they were unable to attend the old
timeshift meeting anyway and for them regular time meetings are best.
They said they would be comfortable with missing a timeshift meeting.

FYI: 23:00 UTC = 6 p.m. for you folks in the U.S. Midwest and Mexico,
and late evening (after Rodrigo's television shows) in Europe and 9 a.m.
in Sydney, land of the Magnus.

Your thoughts and comments please!

Bryen Yunashko
Proud 2008 openSUSE Board Candidate