Re: [opensuse-foundation] Objective of the Foundation
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:36:30 +0100
jdd wrote:

The page linked: http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Foundation have as
title : "Charter and Purpose of a Foundation".

This should be changed for "Charter and Purpose of the openSUSE
Foundation"

Maybe "Charter and Purpose of openSUSE eV" ?

In my mind, at first think, a "Foundation" deals only with legal stuff
and money, not with the day to day life of a project.

That is what I have envisioned too. To help identify other
objectives/purposes, maybe complete these sentences:

we want an association, because we want to ....
we want an association, because we need to ....
we want an association, because we have to ...

I'm deliberately saying "association" because an eV is not a foundation.

I don't know for sure (and I don't know at all for german
associations), but I beg to be a member of an association one have to
pay some fee ("cotisation" in french) and to be identified physically
(not only in electronical form). Associations with non local (country
resident) members may have to be special - most states wants to
control strangers activity.

I doubt if that is a real issue - I'm a (fee-paying) member of at least
three international associations, none of which have met me in person.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.4°C)