[openFATE 311805] Add Select a Range of packages in Yast Package Manager
Feature changed by: Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
Feature #311805, revision 16
Title: Add Select a Range of packages in Yast Package Manager

- openSUSE Distribution: New
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
+ reject reason: We do not plan to put resources in this feature. Feel
+ free to create pullrequest tho if you want it.

Requested by: Roman Bysh (romanator)

I'm proposing a feature that will allow users to select a range of
packages in a Pattern. This could be implemented by using a combination
of SHIFT key plus the mouse and up/down arrow keys to select a range of
packages.
This is very similar to selecting a range of cells in an Excel or
LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet.
Example
1) Start Yast Package Manager
2) Press and keep holding down the left SHIFT key as the starting point
3) Use the mouse or up/down arrow key to highlight the range of
packages to install
4) Right-click and choose "Install" to install the selected range of
packages

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: To select a range of packages in a Pattern and offer more
options to the package selection and installation process.

#1: ron neilly (rjneilly) (2011-03-29 23:35:55)
YAST has this already. You should see a CheckBox next (left) to the
Pattern. Clicking on that will select all the packages and dependcies
for that Pattern. You can also do a secondary mouse click to get a full
list of options. Aside : secondary mouse click is the true and proper
terminology for what some folks erroneously call a 'right' mouse click
- as I am left-handed the right mouse button is my primary...
insensitive clods!
Do you not have this CheckBox in YAST?

#2: Roman Bysh (romanator) (2011-04-04 00:45:37) (reply to #1)
You are correct.
I have changed my proposal from "Select All" to "Select a Range" by
using the SHIFT arrow key and mouse combo.
Very different.