Feature changed by: Roman Bysh (Romanator)
Feature #311805, revision 8
- Title: Add Select All check box to Yast Package Manager
+ Title: Add Select a Range of packages in Yast Package Manager
openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
Requested by: Roman Bysh (romanator)
Partner organization: openSUSE.org
- Adding a "select all" check box to the Yast Package Manager would speed
- up multiple package selection.
- The Yast Package Manager only allows the user to select packages one at
- a time. This is very time consuming if you require all of the packaages
- in a Pattern.
+ I'm proposing a feature that will allow users to select a range of
+ packages in a Pattern. This could be implemented by using the SHIFT key
+ plus the use of the mouse and up/down arrow key s to select a range of
+ This is very similar to selecting a range of cells in an Excel or
+ LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet.
+ 1) Start Yast Package Manager
+ 2) Press and keep holding down the left SHIFT key as the starting point
+ 3) Use the mouse or up/down arrow key to highlight the range of
+ packages to install
+ 4) Right-click and choose "Install" to install the selected range of
Business case (Partner benefit):
: To select all packages in a Pattern and speed up the
- package selection process.
: To select a range of packages in a Pattern and offer more
+ options to the package selection and installation process.
#1: ron neilly (rjneilly) (2011-03-29 23:35:55)
YAST has this already. You should see a CheckBox next (left) to the
Pattern. Clicking on that will select all the packages and dependcies
for that Pattern. You can also do a secondary mouse click to get a full
list of options. Aside : secondary mouse click is the true and proper
terminology for what some folks erroneously call a 'right' mouse click
- as I am left-handed the right mouse button is my primary...
Do you not have this CheckBox in YAST?