Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Release Engineering Meeting 13.05.2020
On 15. 05. 20, 9:10, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Thu, 2020-05-14 at 13:27 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:

In LKML and the Linux-Wireless ML is an interesting thread entitled "gcc-10:
kernel stack is corrupted and fails to boot" See
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/2005.1/07670.html. The bottom line
is
that it happened because of tail-call optimization combined with a
stack-canary
test. A fix has been submitted for kernel 5.7, and it will be backported to
stable kernels.

The fix for that has landed in our Kernel version 5.6.12

FWIW that particular one was rejected by Linus, so we will have a
replacement. But we should be flying even with the rejected one already.

thanks,
--
js
suse labs