[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2020/07
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Do not worry, DimStar is up and fine, just this week is different because
there is HackWeek at SUSE! :) And I, Oliver Kurz, had the nice opportunity to
do for a change an "internship" for openSUSE Tumbleweed release management┬╣
with my great mentor DimStar aka. Dominique and I have the honor to provide
the review of the week for openSUSE Tumbleweed.
This week four snapshots have been published, 0207, 0209, 0211 and 0213, which
is meeting our average standard, with the latest snapshot being in the process
of being synced to mirrors right now.

What was happening this week and included in the published snapshots:

* KDE Applications 19.12.2
* KDE Plasma 5.18
* Linux Kernel 5.5.1 (which as some times in before posed a problem for owners
of NVIDIA cards running proprietary drivers when Tumbleweed is too fast and
drivers are not yet provided by NVIDIA in time for the new kernel version)┬▓

What is still ongoing or in the process in stagings:

* Python 3.8 (salt, still brewing but progressing)
* Removal of python 2 (in multiple packages)
* glibc 2.31 (good progress but not done)
* GNU make 4.3
* libcap 2.30: breaks fakeroot and drpm
* RPM: change of the database format to ndb
* MicroOS Desktop┬│

Have fun,
Oliver

* [1]: