Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Stop using Group tag in spec files
On Wednesday 2019-09-04 08:44, Bernhard Voelker wrote:

On 9/4/19 3:18 AM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
Since yast2-sw_single no longer displays groups, I have now made a basic
alternate program to bring back the functionality of a software
catalogue browser that, like yast2_sw, reads the Group: field and
presents a tree.

https://github.com/jengelh/rpm-catalog
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:jengelh:dev/rpm-catalog

This is meant to operate with a modern tag/category/keyword list, akin
to SO tags, placed in the Group: field. The program equally eats the
"Foo/Bar/Baz" groups of current packages.

Naturally, such a browser can only work if there is group/tag
information to begin with.

IIUC that means that we don't have to remove the existing 'Group:' line
from the spec files, right?

There was never a time that you had to remove it.