Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Stop using Group tag in spec files
On Tuesday 2019-09-03 14:19, Bernhard Voelker wrote:

On 8/27/19 9:09 AM, Tomas Chvatal wrote:
Tiny followup on this. As there was no major pushback on this I've
created request to have next release of spec-cleaner to drop the group
tag if encountered:
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/spec-cleaner/issues/256

(Are there) next steps?

Since yast2-sw_single no longer displays groups, I have now made a basic
alternate program to bring back the functionality of a software
catalogue browser that, like yast2_sw, reads the Group: field and
presents a tree.

https://github.com/jengelh/rpm-catalog
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:jengelh:dev/rpm-catalog

This is meant to operate with a modern tag/category/keyword list, akin
to SO tags, placed in the Group: field. The program equally eats the
"Foo/Bar/Baz" groups of current packages.

Naturally, such a browser can only work if there is group/tag
information to begin with.