Re: [opensuse-factory] YaST: highlights of development sprint 71 and 72
Dne pondělí 4. března 2019 14:24:28 CET, Richard Brown napsal(a):
On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 at 13:56, Vojtěch Zeisek
<vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's a good question. I don't know.
In openSUSE we still don't have a replacement for Fate.

Is openFATE officially dead?
https://features.opensuse.org/

Yes, it has been for quite some time already (I don't have the
announcements about it at hand, but they should be easily findable).

From https://features.opensuse.org/
Disclaimer:
Dear visitor, please be advised that this page is outdated and
dysfunctional in parts and will be discontinued. If you are interested
in how to propose features for the openSUSE Project, then please join
the according discussions on our mailinglists.
For proposing new features in the openSUSE distributions, you can
use the opensuse-factory mailinglist. For project-related topics,
the opensuse-project mailinglist is a good place to start with.
See also https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Openfate and links there

Given that across entire project, it was very rare for anyone to do
anything based on an openFATE request, yes, the Board approved its
removal.

IMHO, in such case, it should be removed, as on-line tool which is not working
properly is confusing and not good mark of the project organization state.

So for topics like this, we'd recommend using this mailinglist, or
maybe more specific lists when they exist (eg. opensuse-kubic@,
yast-devel@, etc) for any discussions needed to refine a feature idea.
And once an idea is accepted by someone to be implemented, the Board
don't presume to recommend which tool(s) those contributors should use
for tracking their own planned work.
I'm a fan of post-it notes ;)

What I like(d) about the openFATE is that it is one central place where one
could easily see everything (lists, tags, filtration, notifications, tracing,
...). In ML such topics are easily lost among other conversation and hard to
find later. What's wrong about requiring something like openFATE to be used to
trace features, their state, etc. (I know it only from user's perspective, not
from developer's)? See e.g. https://phabricator.kde.org/

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu