Re: [opensuse-factory] Request to Whitelist Packages
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 14:42:51 +0200
On 4 October 2017 at 14:42, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/04/2017 01:39 PM, Richard Brown wrote:
On 4 October 2017 at 13:32, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/03/2017 08:37 PM, Jason Record wrote:
All,

I would like to white list some packages that I need to submit to
openSUSE:Factory as part of the "first policy". These packages need to
be in SLES15. They are already included in SLE12 SP*. They are:

sca-appliance-agent
sca-appliance-broker
sca-appliance-common
sca-appliance-patdev

sca-patterns-base
sca-patterns-hae
sca-patterns-oes
sca-patterns-sle11
sca-patterns-sle12
sca-patterns-suma

sca-server-report

supportutils

I think you misunderstood the policy. We don't need things in
openSUSE:Factory that have 0 relevance in openSUSE. These sound
a lot like SUSE specific meta packages.

Greetings, Stephan

I believe they are needed by supportutils

And there are certainly some people who would like supportconfig in openSUSE

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2017-08/msg01134.html

Not only some of our users and bug triagers, but I'd like it to reduce
the manual diff I currently have to carry in Kubic to compensate for
the lack of supportutils compared to SUSE's CaaS Platform.

Ok, then let me ask this: who is going to maintain these packages for
Tumbleweed and Leap?

Greetings, Stephan

Jason Record ;)