Re: [opensuse-factory] Questionable mirrors
On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Till Dörges <doerges@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're trying to do, but I think what you
describe can be accomplished already.

In a zypper configuration file (e.g. /etc/zypp/repos.d/repo.repo) you can
specify
"baseurl". IOW zypper should be able to store multiple repositories.

A feature request (for zypper first, and then for kiwi) seems needed.

As for Kiwi (even though slightly OT) you can specify as many repositories in
your
config.xml as you want to using the <repository> element
(https://suse.github.io/kiwi/development/schema.html#id323)

In order for this to work I need to specify a mirror for all
repositories. I have found that it is an erratic problem. I really
have been trying to stick with talking to the official source and then
being sent to a mirror. But simply overriding this and going direct to
the mirror will probably be the only solution.

The hunt for reliable mirrors is on.

Happily, kiwi caches the currently active RPMs so they are available
for subsequent image builds. So this only happens when a new RPM is
needed. Of course, when a new Leap release is made, this is a painful
thing to work through.

BTW, kiwi was in my original post. So it is not so far off topic. But
I agree that these things sometimes wander around a bit...

--
Roger Oberholtzer