Re: [opensuse-factory] Questionable mirrors
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 08:46:52 +0200
Arjen de Korte wrote:

It would be great if it was possible to override the geolocation
somehow. Mirrorbrain locates me in the US, so upgrades to my NL system
take a transatlantic roundtrip, while much faster mirrors are
available in DE.

The country code for your mailserver's IPv4-range quite clearly says NL,
and looking it up here (on our local geoip database), also says NL.

However, looking your IPv6 address, it belongs to Hurricane Electric, in
the US.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.1°C)