Re: [opensuse-factory] Questionable mirrors
On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx> [09-12-17 07:19]:
I am always fighting with mirrors. I supect it is because I am in
Sweden and I get sent to bad local mirrors.

As an example, I want to add the package dbview to Leap 42.3

It seems I am getting sent to:

http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.3/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/

Which at this very moment is empty (at least as I see it...). This is
not the only such mirror. So when I am, say, trying to build OS images
with KIWI, it takes weeks to get needed files as I keep getting sent
to odd mirrors.

Can I blacklist problematic mirrors?

you might try instead editing the particular repo such as:
baseurl=http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/linux/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://distro.ibiblio.org/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://suse.mobile-central.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/

This works when running zypper in a regular environment where one can
edit files. It does not work, afaik, when kiwi is managing it's own
repo information for the images it is building. And that is my big
stumbling block. If zypper had some ability to store (not just read)
multiple URLs, then I would imagine the kiwi author could add support.
A way to blacklist URLs via the zypper command line could also be
interesting. Or even a way to report bad mirrors to MirrorBrain so it
does not use them. What does it take to be considered a mirror?

--
Roger Oberholtzer