Re: [opensuse-factory] Questionable mirrors
* Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx> [09-12-17 07:19]:
I am always fighting with mirrors. I supect it is because I am in
Sweden and I get sent to bad local mirrors.

As an example, I want to add the package dbview to Leap 42.3

It seems I am getting sent to:

http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.3/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/

Which at this very moment is empty (at least as I see it...). This is
not the only such mirror. So when I am, say, trying to build OS images
with KIWI, it takes weeks to get needed files as I keep getting sent
to odd mirrors.

Can I blacklist problematic mirrors?

you might try instead editing the particular repo such as:
baseurl=http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/linux/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://distro.ibiblio.org/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://suse.mobile-central.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/

so you "specify" which mirrors are utilized.

adjust order to suit.

I removed following as I believe they will be redirected to a mirror
chosen by mirrorbrain (or ...) rather than the order you specify. you
might add them at the end of the above.

http://software.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/