Re: [opensuse-factory] Why is LibreOffice at 5.4 beta2 version in TW?
* S. <sb56637@xxxxxxxxx> [06-28-17 10:54]:
I just noticed that my next TW upgrade would give me LibreOffice
5.4.0.0.beta2. What's the reason for this push to the next version
while it's still in development? Isn't this a bit risky? I remember
when LibreOffice 5.3 was released, and TW waited several weeks before
updating to it.

in the release notes, Dominique Leuenberger stated the package was
considered "stable" even thou labled beta and released it.

do you not read about the software you install to determine it's usability
for your purposes? you could have locked it out.

have you found it to be otherwise? have you submitted bug reports citing
the problems you have encountered?

remember that in spite of the labeling, "stable" software contains bugs.