Re: [opensuse-factory] problems with kmail connecting to gmail IMAP since last snapshot
  • From: nicholas <ndcunliffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 11:15:03 +0200
On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 09:01:48 CEST Axel Braun wrote:
Am Montag, 15. Mai 2017, 18:39:18 CEST schrieb nicholas:
problem:
kmail (v5.5.0) connection to gmail IMAP breaks now after every significant
suspend (e.g. 1 hr). This requires either akonadictl restart or (sometimes
works) settings:configure:accounts:<restart>
I also note that settings:configure:accounts:<modify> is no longer
accessible (no gui response)

I see this problem as well in earlier releases (currently KMail 5.4.3,
before in 5.3, and probably on Leap 42.1 as well), even though I'm not
using GMail, but GMX, 1&1 and Domainfactory hosting.

Mostly an akonadi restart helps.

One other question. Does autocompletion of addresses and sending to mailing
lists (mailing list stored in KMail, with list explosion) work again?

Cheers
Axel

yes there where connection issues before, but just clicking between folders
would 'wake it up', now it requires ardous messing, (note also the symptom of
no longer being able to view or modify the account settings) [akonadi restart
4 times a day is unworkable over the long term]

simple autocompletion of addresses still works as before (i do not used any
advanced features)