Re: [opensuse-factory] Missing program icons
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 20:04:32 +0100
Am Dienstag, 17. Januar 2017, 14:04:20 schrieb ianseeks:
On Tuesday, 17 January 2017 14:41:39 GMT Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
Am Sonntag, 15. Januar 2017, 23:01:24 schrieb ianseeks:
Thanks, that didn;t make any difference. Looks like a delete and re-add
manually. I wonder why this latest release caused it though

Latest release?
You are using Plasma 5.9 *beta*... (and no, this is *not* in Tumbleweed,
which still has the stable 5.8.5)

Just discovered that myself, forgot the no-allow-vendor-change.

Well, maybe you'd better remove (or at least disable) those additional repos
then? ;)

Apparently I misunderstood your problem though.
This seems to be about Icon plasmoids, and I don't have such on my
desktop/panels (I thought you were talking about icons in the application
menu and/or your desktop folder). So I cannot tell really whether this is
general problem or not.
It's likely related to the fact that those Icon plasmoids have been
reworked in 5.9 to bring back the properties dialog.

I found that if i clicked the Properties and then pressed ok without making
any changes, it restored the icon on the panel.

Ok, so it's apparently not really a problem with the migration itself, just
some glitch in loading the config...
I'll try to reproduce.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang