Re: [opensuse-factory] Missing program icons
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 21:08:01 +0100
Am Sonntag, 15. Januar 2017, 18:50:13 schrieb ianseeks:
With this release all my desktop and panel icons have been replaced with
what looks like a temporary icon in black and white and if you mouse over
them, it gives a tooltip of "xxxxxx.desktop" e.g "opera.desktop"

Did you logout and login again? (or reboot)

Also, deleting the icon cache (the file ~/.cache/icon-cache.kcache) may help
with the icon problem at least (not the tooltips).
This needs a logout/login cycle too of course to have effect.

I haven't seen any such problems here on my 13.2 or 42.2 systems with the
additional KDE repos (so I did get all KDE related updates before they landed
in Tumbleweed)...

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang