[opensuse-factory] paving the road for Leap 42.2
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 14:55:21 +0200
Hi,

As some have already noticed, we have an openSUSE:Leap:42.2 project
in OBS which deserves some explanation. There's not much to see
there yet though. I've just finished to bootstrap ring 0 (Boostrap),
1 (X) and 2 (Desktops).

My next goal is to prepare openQA to get working tests again.
Starting with a green openQA is always easier than having everything
broken. So assuming 42.1 passed openQA just fine the copy that is
called 42.2 should be comparatively easy to get to a testable state
again.

After that I'll set up staging projects and start integrating the
maintenance updates from 42.1. From there on we should be ready to
integrate the SLE12SP2 sources once they are available in OBS.

Meanwhile also some work has been going on with the translations.
https://l10n.opensuse.org/ was updated to Weblate 2.5 which includes
features requested by various openSUSE translators. Weblate works
best when it can work with git directly. So the translation files
that were so far hosted on svn.opensuse.org need to be moved to git
repos. That work usually requires some programming and packaging
skills to clean up and improve the tools and packages involved. Help is
appreciated there. I've opened a set up tasks in redmine to keep track
of the progress: https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/11334
Feel free to jump in where you see fit.

cu
Ludwig