Re: [opensuse-factory] Some thought's on standard openSUSE patterns.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:08:20 +0100
Gerrit Kruse wrote:

Am Montag, 26. Oktober 2015, 11:39:17 schrieb Per Jessen:
- How many users are really need a professional image editing tool
like GIMP?

I would be very much stuck without GIMP - I'm sure I use it every
week, maybe not every day.

Yes, but pre-installed? Every peace of software in the repos is needed
by anyone. I know, GIMP is pre-installed in openSUSE since decades...

I think the default pattern should come with as many default packages as
is reasonable. Office, samba, graphics, multimedia, scanner, games -
everything that one might use as a normal user. I guess we still have
the limitation of "how much to fit on a DVD".

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.6°C)