Re: [opensuse-factory] Some thought's on standard openSUSE patterns.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:39:17 +0100
Gerrit Kruse wrote:

Secondery: OpenSUSE delivers a very bloated standard installation. The
question which audience openSUSE Leap has.

- Do the Users need android-tools by default?
- Do they need a semi-professional photo-suite like digikam? Gwenview
should cover most needs.
- How many users are really need a professional image editing tool
like GIMP?

I would be very much stuck without GIMP - I'm sure I use it every week,
maybe not every day.

- Why should KDE-Users need GNOME-Tools like
gnomeonlineaccounts or system- config-printer?
- Why do openSUSE install by default a bunch of lib32-Packages on an
64bit system?
- Do normal users need an mailserver like postfix?

There are many tools that use sendmail to send emails to root or
elsewhere. cron, mdadm, smartd are the ones that immediately come to
mind. (sendmail is provided by postfix).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.1°C)