Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [Leap 42.1] Found a .doc document that LilbreOffice fails to render correctly. From the administration.

On 2015-10-24 21:27, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 17:26:46 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

It got so bad that I had to take time to create something to
*specifically* enforce the ban, because in general, NNTP users
being banned on the web interface is ineffective.

I did not enjoy having to create software to *specifically* deal
with you in the forums.

Waste of time. As soon as I learned I was banned, which was not
immediate, I obeyed and stopped posting. I didn't even try to change
my address and answer those that replied to my posts after I got
banned, which is a very impolite thing to do (talking of one in one's
back).

Look here, I obey orders. It is in my temperament.

And I don't understand why what I may have done in the forums
should be used to attack me here in the mail lists.

The forums are part of the community, and the problem here is a
problem that persists across the community. Your volume of posts
on the MLs went up (as Richard pointed out) when the ban was
instituted in the forums.

Coincidental. It just happens that it is test period for Leap.

Of course, not being able to post in the forum, leaves me no other
resource than here. Posts that I would have made there went here
instead. I don't see it as my fault, rather your's :-P :-)

But my total number of posts has decreased, maybe by a factor of ten.

Like I said, I *don't* hate you. I seriously *defend* you in the
back room as we talk through the issues that you pose in the
forums, and I make everyone think about whether or not the actions
we take are because the problem is with someone who's a constant
source of a low grade migraine, or if we're taking the actions
because of the behavior.

Appreciated.

You have *constantly* been warned in public in the forums. More
times than any other member we have had to deal with. The fact
that you think that you haven't been warned shows how much in
denial you are about the situation.

Not so. If somebody tells me such a thing, unless he says that in his
official role as moderator, explicitly, I take it as a plain user
saying something to me. He is no different than others, no privileges.
Thus, I keep discussing.

I was never aware of being such a nuisance. Just that some of the
staff thought of me as a nuisance, and I never understood why.

DenverD warned me...

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)