[opensuse-factory] Re: [Leap 42.1] Found a .doc document that LilbreOffice fails to render correctly. From the administration.
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 19:27:55 +0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 17:26:46 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Let me state first that what is said here about what I may have done in
the forums is news to me. The forum banning was done in secret, without
warning to me, and without due process. I had no chance at all to say
anything.

Carlos, I'm not going to argue about this, because like you, this
constant stress is not good for my health either.

But this is completely incorrect. Think back over the past several months
at the number of altercations you've had with members of the forum staff
where you didn't back down, but instead argued back.

It's been a persistent problem, and it took several *months* of
*constant* discussions in our "back room" about what to do about the
problem.

It got so bad that I had to take time to create something to
*specifically* enforce the ban, because in general, NNTP users being
banned on the web interface is ineffective.

I did not enjoy having to create software to *specifically* deal with you
in the forums. This is not my idea of fun. Like Richard, I don't hate
you - I quite like you. But you don't take direction well from anyone,
and you get argumentative when being told you're not helping.

Then, I'm not aware of having molested anyone. My personal view of the
situation was that I had some opinions, strong opinions, perhaps, and
some forum staff thought I was very wrong, got tired of discussing with
me, and shut me up by banning me. Censorship, IMHO, instead of having
lively discussions.

Complete nonsense. As Richard said, it wasn't any *one* incident, Carlos
- it has been a long, sustained pattern of behavior. By "long", I'm
talking about *years*

And I don't understand why what I may have done in the forums should be
used to attack me here in the mail lists.

The forums are part of the community, and the problem here is a problem
that persists across the community. Your volume of posts on the MLs went
up (as Richard pointed out) when the ban was instituted in the forums.

I'm willing to try moderate my language, or correct my manners if people
explain politely and kindly what I do wrong. I'm Spanish, and we are hot
blooded, temperamental.

I have to say, I don't accept this reasoning. I have known many Spanish
people, and just like people everywhere, it's an individual choice and
individual personality. Blaming your cultural background is no way to
deal with a problem when people repeatedly tell you there's a problem
with your behavior.

I'm not having fun.

Do you think any of us is? I would far rather see you contribute in a
positive manner, rather than constantly be waking up thinking "so, I
wonder what trouble Carlos is going to make for me today?"

Like I said, I *don't* hate you. I seriously *defend* you in the back
room as we talk through the issues that you pose in the forums, and I
make everyone think about whether or not the actions we take are because
the problem is with someone who's a constant source of a low grade
migraine, or if we're taking the actions because of the behavior.

You have *constantly* been warned in public in the forums. More times
than any other member we have had to deal with. The fact that you think
that you haven't been warned shows how much in denial you are about the
situation.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson