Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [Leap 42.1] Found a .doc document that LilbreOffice fails to render correctly. From the administration.

On 2015-10-24 11:29, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Op vrijdag 23 oktober 2015 18:18:59 schreef Jim Henderson:

As a global moderator of the openSUSE forums: Jim's description
here is a very accurate one. This is not an incident that got out
of hand, not a matter of bullying by Board or whatever entity
within the community, not just a matter of language differences,
it's the result of an ongoing situation that needed dealing with.
The step we took by invoking a temporary ban was not taken lightly,
in general bans are only invoked if the entire Forums Team sees no
other options.

I also would like to apologize for my "Stop this, Carlos..." public
post on this list. Simply because such posts don't belong here
IMHO.

Thanks.

Let me state first that what is said here about what I may have done
in the forums is news to me. The forum banning was done in secret,
without warning to me, and without due process. I had no chance at all
to say anything.

Then, I'm not aware of having molested anyone. My personal view of the
situation was that I had some opinions, strong opinions, perhaps, and
some forum staff thought I was very wrong, got tired of discussing
with me, and shut me up by banning me. Censorship, IMHO, instead of
having lively discussions.

For instance, someone remonstrated me for recommending a user that
could not run graphics mode to login as root in text mode, then
issuing startx, for diagnosis only. ;-)

A minute later, I was banned. :-o :-?

However, I have silently accepted the ruling and said nothing about it
anywhere. The forum have their rules, so be it.

And I don't understand why what I may have done in the forums should
be used to attack me here in the mail lists.

I was thus very surprised when Richard started mentioning my issues
with the forums, in the middle of a technical discussion.

My understanding, maybe wrong, I hope to be wrong, is that Richard
hates me because I contrariate him in technical issues and he wants me
to shut up, using personal arguments, wanting me to be banned from any
openSUSE discussion avenue. He doesn't want in openSUSE people that do
not think like him.

I'm sorry, but he doesn't have proper "bedside manners" (is that the
proper expression in English?) in handling people and calming them. I
think he should step down.

Sorry for saying this here. I never intended to vent my feelings, but
the board has started the war against me, in public.

I'm willing to try moderate my language, or correct my manners if
people explain politely and kindly what I do wrong. I'm Spanish, and
we are hot blooded, temperamental. It doesn't mean that we hate our
opponents. Here, we can say lovingly to some one that he is a son of a
whore, and it is not an insult, but an endearment. Depends. But if we
are really insulted or bullied about, we don't react nicely.

I'm not having fun.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)