Re: [opensuse-factory] [Leap 42.1] Found a .doc document that LilbreOffice fails to render correctly. From the administration.
On Thursday, October 22, 2015 04:31:02 AM Carlos E. R. wrote:
Hi,

At site
<https://www.carm.es/web/pagina?IDCONTENIDO=1680&IDTIPO=240&RASTRO=c345$m31
21,3317>, which is an official health administration page (Spain), I found
two doc documents. One opens correctly, the other is terrible.

<https://www.carm.es/web/integra.servlets.Blob?ARCHIVO=Anexos%20A2%20y%20A3.
doc&TABLA=ARCHIVOS&CAMPOCLAVE=IDARCHIVO&VALORCLAVE=7510&CAMPOIMAGEN=ARCHIVO&
IDTIPO=60&RASTRO=c345$m3121,3317>

Saves as "7510-Anexos A2 y A3.doc".

LibreOffice in Leap does an horrible job.

Abiword does a bit better, but still unusable. It says the document
contains revision data which it is ignoring; I don't inkow if that has
something to do with the problems.

Caligra (in oS 13.1) does badly, too.

Even an online converter, .doc to .docx, does badly.

Even google docs can not open it to something readable. :-/

Carlos
over last several days, you have managed to create huge amount of
traffic
on this mailing list, with very low ratio of useful information to noise, and
even when somehow useful, most of your posts are misplaced. Bug reports belong
to bugzilla, opensuse-factory is serves as platform to discuss development not
to report petty issues with document rendering. As you are no newbie to
openSUSE community, I believe that you should know better.

In regard to this issue you reported, it is something that is most likely
upstream issue of libreoffice, so it should likely go to libreoffice bugzilla
not
to this mailing list.

As you yourself observed, most tools have difficulties rendering said document
properly, so I doubt that issue is openSUSE specific, libreoffice specific, it
might as well be document violating specification (or just difficult to render).

Also I would appreciate if you would refrain from using statements as "does an
horrible job" - it is strongly disrespectful to developers/maintainers - why
don't you try fixing yourself instead of using such language? You are getting
results of someone elses work for free, and even if it might not be perfect,
it is rude to make such comments.

Regards

Martin Pluskal