Re: [opensuse-factory] Want to make a plasma session flicker like mad?
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 14:43:52 +0100
On Saturday 17 Oct 2015 13:22:51 Christian Mauderer wrote:
Hello Ian,

On 17.10.2015 12:58, ianseeks wrote:
On Friday 16 Oct 2015 22:18:46 Christian Mauderer wrote:
Hello Ian,

I am observing a similar behavior since a while. Could you try
restarting the kwin session. (Or rather: Start a new one with "kwin_x11
--replace"). If the problem vanishes, I would be quite sure that it is
the same problem.

logging out cures the problem for me.

that restarts some more applications. But I wouldn't rule out that it is
the same effect. You might want to try what Claudio Freire and Wolfgang
Bauer suggested for me: Change the rendering methods in System Settings
-> Display and Monitor -> Compositor.

Kind regards,

Christian
Thanks Christian.
I might try that but it only happens when vivaldi screws up. i just thought
i'd mention it as it continued happening during that session after vivaldi had
been closed down. I thought it might be screwing with plasma in some way and
the devs might have needed to know about it.