Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20150630 released!
  • From: Andrei Dziahel <develop7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 20:31:26 +0300
Hi Stephan,

What kind of work? Does it involve writing code? If so, I think I'd be
able to contribute missing pieces.

Thanks.

On 02.07.2015 23:26, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Thursday 2015-07-02 23:07, Andrei Dziahel wrote:

Great to see next snapshot, but it comes with a problem — is it is
huge which may be the burden for users with less performant internet
connection (say I've got 2.2G to download on primary desktop and 1.5G
on secondary desktop/fileserver).

The general response has been: then don't update as often - or
even consider switching to the regular release.

Can delta rpm building and publishing be enabled for Tumbleweed
repositories?

The most recent word on it is: no, since there are so many updates,
and keeping (let alone generate!) deltas for all them is not
considered feasible, since users may have arbitrary past versions.

It's technically possible - and providing some delta rpms would already
help I guess. But it's work to implement this as we have no support for
deltas in product repos - only for update repos.

Greetings, Stephan

Regards,
Andrei Dziahel