Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20150630 released!

Quoting Alessandro Russo <axela74@xxxxxxxx>:

I'm still using kde4, I've blocked almost all plasma 5 packages and at this time it worked great.
With this snapshot if I try to upgrade zypper want to remove :
the following application:
Thunderbird

the following 17 packages:
baloo-file baloo-tools kactivities4 kde4-l10n-it kde4-l10n-it-data kde4-l10n-it-doc kde4-print-manager ksshaskpass
patterns-openSUSE-kde4_games patterns-openSUSE-kde4_internet patterns-openSUSE-kde4_multimedia patterns-openSUSE-kde4_office
patterns-openSUSE-kde4_utilities patterns-openSUSE-kde4_utilities_opt patterns-openSUSE-kde4_yast
patterns-openSUSE-sw_management_kde4 plasma-addons

the following 8 models:
kde4_games kde4_internet kde4_multimedia kde4_office kde4_utilities kde4_utilities_opt kde4_yast sw_management_kde4

can I upgrade the other packages to gcc5 and keep the old kde4/plasma4 packages? Are the problems in having a system with packages compiled with gcc4 and packages compiled with gcc5?

I don't know - and I bet nobody will lean out and tell you 'yes, you can'. What you run is simply not what Tumbleweed is meant to be and you're thus completely on your own.

Dominique