Re: [Bulk] [opensuse-factory] Strange boot failure
On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/19/2015 12:13 PM, Richard Weinberger wrote:
Hi!

Out of the sudden my 13.2 Thinkpad refused to boot.
See:
http://git.infradead.org/~rw/os132_boot_fail.jpg

No getty, no X11, no nothing.
How can this happen?

The kernel did not panic, keyboard worked but systemd refused to continue.
After a hard reset it booted fine again.

Was this after a fresh install? If the answer is no.
Can you replicate it or was it a one time problem?

I'm using this setup for ages. I happened only once.

After the hard reset, type: dmesg

How would that help? dmesg prints the current kernel log buffer.

--
Thanks,
//richard