Re: [opensuse-factory] Strange boot failure
On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2015-04-19 at 18:13 +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:
Hi!

Out of the sudden my 13.2 Thinkpad refused to boot.
See:
http://git.infradead.org/~rw/os132_boot_fail.jpg

No getty, no X11, no nothing.
How can this happen?

The kernel did not panic, keyboard worked but systemd refused to
continue.
After a hard reset it booted fine again.

I guess you have the 5 min time out and the 'mouting /sysroot' issue.
That measn the btrfs journal got corrupted (Ludwig posted a mail a few
days ago with a warning about this - the fixed kernel should be in the
next snapshot).

The fastest way to recover is to either
- boot an older kernel
- use btrfs-zero-log /dev/sdXN