Re: [opensuse-factory] Devel Project Virtualization: Not built against Tumbleweed?
* Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-14-14 19:29]:
Am 14.03.2014 14:37, schrieb Patrick Shanahan:

Greg KH advises *only*:
openSUSE Current OSS

which is 13.1

openSUSE Current OSS debug

which is 13.1-debug

openSUSE Current OSS non-OSS

which is 13.1-non-oss

openSUSE Current OSS updates

which is 13.1-updates

Tumbleweed (standard)

You can see that 13.1 doesn't fit.

I cannot see that.

The equate to 13.1 *now*, but when 13.1+ is out, they will not. So that's
what.

BTW, Virtualization/Tumbleweed also wouldn't fit, so what?

But it is built for Tumbleweed and while Greg does not advise it, I have
it and other *designated* Tumbleweed builds integrated into my desktop
system.

Would you advise adding a 12.3 repo to a 13.1 install or the opposite, as
13.1 repo to a 12.3 install. They both might work, for a while, or not.

A little common sense is definitely applicable.