Re: [opensuse-factory] Release without a Release Manager
Hi

Am 05.02.2014 08:45, schrieb Marcus Moeller:

I have read the current news on the openSUSE team and the plans to step back
from the development.

... for some time to work on (for them or even us) more important things.

In general, I don't see a big problem here, but one thing really makes me a
bit
anxious: As Coolo is also part of the team, is it even possible to release a
new
version of openSUSE without him?

Probably not completely but given this post
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2014-01/msg00416.html
I understood that coolo would be willing to help for a release in November.
And I also would hope that coolo wouldn't just disappear from the world. I'm
always wondering why SUSE employed openSUSE community members are limited to
their "8 hour work". I do (almost) all my contributions outside my day job in my
free time. While everyone's time is limited I think there are many SUSE
employees helping also in their free time where they should be completely free
how to contribute (and if at all).

From what I know for now, nobody except Coolo knows all the stuff that is
necessary for releng.

One option I could see is to setup a Release Team with members from the
Community and maybe someone from SUSE and do a hackweek together with Coolo to
instruct the team. So Coolo, if you read this, do you thing that could be an
option? Would you offer your help to hand over the tasks to such a team?

This might still be a valid thing to think about in any case.

Wolfgang