Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Releases going forward
Le jeudi 30 janvier 2014 à 19:21 +0100, Yamaban a écrit :
On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 18:54, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@...> wrote:
<snip>
As of right now we still have a release cycle of 8 month. That would put us
into May for openSUSE 13.2.

This brings about two questions:

- Given the current situation can we meet a May release date?
- Do we skip the May release and move to a yearly cycle and release 13.2 in
November of 2014?

During last year's discussions there were a number of people favoring a
yearly release cycle. We have to make a decision,

- stick to 8 month or move to 12 month?

Voice your opinion but stick to the point and please be concise. For
simplicity lets just assume that there will be no full time paid help to
turn
the release crank and that the work is all on those that are not part of
the
openSUSE Team.

Question to the SLE Team:
- What's the planned release / gold-master date for SLE-12?

I can only share SLE 12 will be released in second half of 2014.

Why? IMHO releaseing the next OSS (13.2) at least 4-8 weeks prior to
that would give the SLE team some time to cleanup the remaining /
fresh detected issues and eleminate them before publishing them
to paying customers.

Please note SLE 12 work will be pushed back to openSUSE (whenever
possible) but SLE people aren't bound to openSUSE releases, so there is
no point to try to sync openSUSE on SLE 12 releases.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE