Re: [opensuse-factory] Releases going forward
  • From: Shawn W Dunn <sfalken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:57:40 +0000
On Thursday 30 January 2014 12:54:19 Robert Schweikert wrote:
Hi,

As of right now we still have a release cycle of 8 month. That would put
us into May for openSUSE 13.2.

This brings about two questions:

- Given the current situation can we meet a May release date?
- Do we skip the May release and move to a yearly cycle and release 13.2
in November of 2014?

During last year's discussions there were a number of people favoring a
yearly release cycle. We have to make a decision,

- stick to 8 month or move to 12 month?

I vote for a 12 month release cycle. 8 month is too fast for the manpower we
have available.