Re: [opensuse-factory] repository priorities with Tumbleweed
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-23-12 07:40]:
I understand that in the case of tumbleweed the priorities are a moot
point. You are supposed to do a "dup --from tumbleweed", so any package
you had installed from packman will be replaced, regardless of the
priority packman has.

If you do a plain "dup" without saying "from tumbleweed" then priorities
are a concern - but the wiki says not to do it if you have extra repos.

So indeed using packman with tumbleweed is a concern. You have to do a
second update run switching multimedia back to packman.

If one is going to do a "second" update last anyway, then giving packman a
higher priority (stature) and performing a "dup" would provide the same
result. fwiw, I have all priorities the same (untouched) and *always* do
a "dup" but always check packages for what I would perceive as *problems*,
then utilize locks to procede semi-inteligently. I have quite a few
"tumbleweed" repos aside from the main issue besides a few singular
packages not "supported" by tumbleweed and have occasionally had problems.
Problems that I have are bypassed by going to icewm for a short time and
usually "resolve themselves".

Accolades to GregKH for his much appreciated efforts and contributions.