Re: [opensuse-factory] repository priorities with Tumbleweed
No, please don't confuse people, if you add more repos than just
Tumbleweed you really had better know what you are doing or bad things
can, and will, happen :)

I understand.
I just would like to add the following to http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Tumbleweed - between ## is the new stuff:

"The only supported method of repo use for Tumbleweed is to have only the main repos (Oss, Non-oss, and Update) and the Tumbleweed repo active. ## If you use more repositorys you have to know how repo-priorities work, but even then Tumblweed does NOT support this ## "

It would also be good to move this information to "Special concerns" and to move the whole "Special concerns"-section up. For example

"Special Concerns
Virtual Machines ...
Third Party Drivers ...
## Non-Standard Repos: Only use Oss, Non-oss, and Update combined with the Tumbleweed-Standard repo. Everything else is not supported and might break the system ## "

You do know the legal reasons behind why packman is
there, right?

Yes. Then I do not whish you personaly to support Packman with TW - I understand now that this is not possible from your perspectivg. But...as the OS community discusses right now if/how to strengthen Tumbleweed... one way would be, that Packman+TW would be supported BY Packman. So I will ask the Packman-guys to do that... I hope this is possible for them. Without Packman Tumbleweed is so ... "anti-multimedia" ;)

thanks anyway :D