Re: [opensuse-factory] Current status of Live CDs
  • From: Juan Erbes <jerbes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 08:37:03 -0300
2012/6/21 Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>:
Juan Erbes <jerbes@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I prefer the old style of the findutils-locate, which is accesible via
console.

That's something different.  locate does not know anything about the
contents of your files.

Do you actually use Gnome (and then, does the tacker hurt you?).  Or do
you simply do a test installation?

I use KDE (opensuse 12.2 beta1 updated to factory).

Yesterday I tested the KDE Live CD build 451, and it works fine, but
very slowly. Other Live linux like Knoppix on DVD, are many times
faster.

The last days I'm dealing with a bug of the dsl configuration, and
with the Live CD, I found it works better than opensuse 12.2 beta1
updated to factory, because at least, before leaving the yast dsl
configuration screen it shows the dsl configured device, and the other
instalation shows nothing.

Regards,
Juan