Re: [opensuse-factory] Current status of Live CDs
2012/6/20 Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>:
Onsdag den 20. juni 2012 16:47:16 Stephan Kulow skrev:
On 20.06.2012 16:11, Martin Schlander wrote:
Onsdag den 20. juni 2012 10:04:25 Stephan Kulow skrev:
The KDE one is *really* really bad as KDE creates tons of data in the
filesystem - which is in RAM. This is most likely due to the great
akonadi>
I thought Will had done some magic so that akonadi doesn't start by
default on the live system at least - only on installed systems.

I'm afraid you mix akonadi with nepomuk.

So if it's running out of the box in a live session I guess that's worth
a bug report.

Of course the default KDE workspace should be configured so as to not
start akonadi in an empty default session - live or installed - but
that's a different matter ;-)

The german FAQ on akonadi says akonadi is started on demand even if
disabled - and the demand comes from the panel clock.

Yeah. The panel clock option to display KOrganizer events  and a couple of
krunners ('contacts' and 'calendar events') cause the default workspace to
start Akonadi, that's why those items should be disabled in our default KDE
workspace configuration :-)

Would save a whole bunch of megs of ram and a few secs of KDE startup time for
most users in my not very scientific opinion - and also spare people of the
"flickering" caused by the various "akonadi migrators" running on the first
run of akonadi.

But of course the people who actually need/want korganizer events in the panel
clock tooltip would need to figure out how to turn it back on, but I still
think it's worth it.
--

Now, when I have resolved the akonadi issues, moving the executables,
yet I found other similar crap, and it comes from gnome, and is the

I prefer the old style of the findutils-locate, which is accesible via console.

Regards,
Juan

--
USA LINUX OPENSUSE QUE ES SOFTWARE LIBRE, NO NECESITAS PIRATEAR NADA Y
NI TE VAS A PREOCUPAR MAS POR LOS VIRUS Y SPYWARES: