Re: [opensuse-factory] Current status of Live CDs
2012/6/20 Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>:
On 20.06.2012 16:11, Martin Schlander wrote:
Onsdag den 20. juni 2012 10:04:25 Stephan Kulow skrev:
The KDE one is *really* really bad as KDE creates tons of data in the
filesystem - which is in RAM. This is most likely due to the great akonadi

I thought Will had done some magic so that akonadi doesn't start by default
on
the live system at least - only on installed systems.
I'm afraid you mix akonadi with nepomuk.

and both aren't needed to autostart on a live media, including zeitgeist.

So if it's running out of the box in a live session I guess that's worth a
bug
report.

Of course the default KDE workspace should be configured so as to not start
akonadi in an empty default session - live or installed - but that's a
different matter ;-)

The german FAQ on akonadi says akonadi is started on demand even if
disabled - and the demand comes from the panel clock.

isn't there a way to disable any such things by default?
My netbook boots a full KDE desktop using 300MB RAM (although i
actually removed anything akonadi, nepomuk, strigi and zeitgeist
related, but disabling should suffice here)

should we file bugs for this?