Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
Am 18.06.2012 22:10, schrieb Greg KH:
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 09:31:59PM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 12:24 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
$ osc whatdependson openSUSE:Factory e2fsprogs standard i586 | wc -l
2041

Somehow I kind of doubt that is really true, trimming the depends on is
needed :)

I think the biggest cause why ext2fs triggers so many others is this
dependency chain:

libcom_err2 (which is built from e2fsprogs) => krb5 => cups-libs => gtk3
or alternatively switch from krb5 to libneon and libcurl.. any of those
will trigger inclusion from libcom_err2.

Of course, build_compare 'should' trigger an abort of the build tree if
no changes are detected.. not sure if you make use of that in TW.

And how would I use that in TW? What settings do I need to make, and
where?

Put all those you don't want to trigger rebuilds in Support in the
projconf. Be aware that they will be installed in every build too, so
you want to find a good balance :)

And build-compare is already in Support, so it would work if it had a
chance. Another thing you might want to experiment with is, adding
rebuild="direct" in the repository of _meta. It will only rebuild those
packages that triggered directly by e2fsprogs and not those that are
behind those packages.

Greetings, Stephan