Re: [opensuse-factory] Build system solutions (was Re: Calling for a new openSUSE development model)
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:34:44PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
2) Build system dependencies
Related to the above, we need a "smarter" way to determine when
packages need to be rebuilt. As an example, for a few days I
based Tumbleweed on openSUSE:12.1:Update. Big mistake.

Side note, I _really_ want to be able to base Tumbleweed on :Update, as
there have been some new symbols and .h changes included in it that
other packages need in order to build properly (i.e. some GNOME 3.4
packages.) If I can't base Tumbleweed on :Update, we will never be able
to get stuff like GNOME 3.4 into it, unless I start duplicating some of
what is in :Update into :Tumbleweed, and I really don't want to start
doing that if I can ever help it.

thanks,

greg k-h