Quoting Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>:

On 14.06.2012 14:50, Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a DimStar wrote:

It's maintained by SUSE and from what I can say, SUSE fixed the problem.
I would have just preferred if this fixing happened as a side project
instead of having a broken zypper for so long. The question is if this
is realistic - if SUSE would have put so much effort into it
if it wasn't already broken in factory. And this applies to all
maintainers of all components.

This is actually exactly what was observed: the problem was reported (before making 4.7 the default), ignored, escalated, ignored...

Only once we had gcc 4.7 in Factory and zypper was broken there some fixing happened.

Dominique