Hey,

On 14.06.2012 13:30, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Thursday 14 June 2012 12:52:49 todd rme wrote:
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Stephan Kulow<coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
3. As working more strictly will require more time, I would like to
either ditch release schedules all together or release only once a
year and then rebase Tumbleweed - as already discussed in the RC1
thread.

What if we do it the other way around? We have Tumbleweed as the
"official" openSUSE version

So, in a sense, Factory becomes a unstable repo for Tumbleweed and we
release stabilized snapshots of Tumbleweed. And we maintain those, then.

Whats the difference to what we do today?

Factory is unstable for openSUSE and we release stabilized snapshots of openSUSE. And we maintain those, then.

Essentially it's replacing one name (openSUSE) with another name (Tumbleweed) for the same thing (stabilized Factory) :D

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org