Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] The road to systemd for openSUSE 12.1

Does this mean that IBM will enforce that /usr and
other useful partitions will be only avaiable by
using initramfs?

WHY? You don't need /usr on a separate partition anymore.

I'm aware that a separate /usr is only optional. Personal I do not
use a separate /usr partition. Nevertheless I know customers using
such /usr partition to minimize downtime due e.g. file system problems.

Wouldn't it be better to fix the real problem instead?

I understand what you are saying, and why, but having choices is a big deal in the *ix world and I don't like all the suggestions that thoose having a /usr partition are wrong. Isn't it up to them?

// Roger