Re: [opensuse-factory] mirrorbrain
On Fri 25 Mar 2011 at 15:45:46 (-0300 UTC) Felix Miata wrote:
http://en.opensuse.org/MirrorBrain

Am I the only one in the US to find this to be more bad than good?
Just about any time I use download.opensuse.org repos instead of a
specific mirror for a lengthy dup, I find either slower than average
download speeds, and/or find downloading halted by errors that do not
self correct via retries.

Felix,

You're not alone:

see my post in annex on the matter.

Cheers!

--
Marco Calistri
The cemeteries of the world are full of indispensable men. -- Charles de
Gaulle

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:53:19 -0300
Mates,

In order to avoid an error (IPv6 like, IMHO) I had to modify the default
repository URL "download.opensuse.org" to "ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/".

I suppose this is a local problem here in Brazil where the main URL were
redirected on Brazilian openSUSE mirror which apparently is failing the
connection.

Cheers,

--
Marco Calistri You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone
with. -- Wayne Dyer

--- End Message ---