Re: [opensuse-factory] preload from Kernel:stable and openSUSE:11.4 failing to build in Tumbleweed
Am Mittwoch, 9. März 2011 schrieb Greg KH:
On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 04:08:44PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 9. März 2011 schrieb Greg KH:
As I can't build this package in openSUSE:11.4, something really
strange happened there, it would be good to have a reproducably
buildable system...

11.4 was in maintenance mode after RC2 and we made a broken update, this
can happen with our normal maintenance too.

Sure, but I can't seem to figure out what broke here. Was it just
insserv?
Exactly.

For tumbleweed I just fix preload - or I suggest to just drop it and
hope for systemd's readahead to be developed into something useful
(last time I checked it makes booting slower on my thinkpad)

How can I "fix" preload in this manner? Where do I fix this?

Take either factory's insserv or factory's preload or both.

As the "root" preload package (which should be in Base:System) also
fails in this way, why would the openSUSE:Factory package be different?
I fixed it today, right now base:system is blocked

Greetings, Stephan