Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed for 11.4 is now open
  • From: todd rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 10:26:33 -0500
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 08:13:03AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
Hi,

As the repos for 11.4 are now open for syncing from, I've disabled the
tumbleweed repo, and am redoing it for 11.4 at this moment.

So I recommend disabling your tumbleweed repo, updating to 11.4, and
then waiting until later today when the tumbleweed repo has been synced
up to 11.4 packages.  I'll do an announcement when that happens as well.

Ok, Tumbleweed is back open and in business for the 11.4 release.

I'll be working on the wiki today to try to update it with more
information, and possibly a "one-click-install" file as well to make it
easier for users.

If you are running 11.3, and try to update with Tumbleweed in your repo
list, it will seem to work for now, but installing at least one package
from it (vim-enhanced) will fail, which says you need to move to 11.4.

Which reminds me, does anyone have an idea of a package that I should
include that almost everyone always does have installed that links to a
new library version in 11.4 that would fail if you tried to install it
on 11.3 so we can provide a way to "warn" people who try to do this
incorrectly on 11.3?

thanks,

greg k-h

What if you made your own version of openSUSE-release, say
openSUSE-release-tumbleweed, and gave it a "requires: aaa_base >=
11.4"

-Todd