Re: [opensuse-factory] Draft Milestone 7 Release
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 13:53:03 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

C wrote:

2010/5/26 Rastislav Krupanský :
Why did you choose SpiderOak? Why not e.g. DropBox etc.? I´m asking
becuase i´ve never heard about SpiderOak and i suppose people will
ask. What´s the benefit?

I can't say why SpiderOak was selected here, but I can tell you why I
picked it over DropBox for my 11.2 install.... DropBox has a
requirement for Nautilus (according to the website)... I don't use
Gnome, I use KDE4... and SpiderOak is Desktop Environment
agnostic.... ie no hard requirements on Dolphin, Nautilus or other DE
specific things.

So... I'm guessing here... for a more broad coverage of the various
desktops, SpiderOak was a better fit?

I'm sure I saw a thread where it was pointed out that SpiderOak had
been more responsive than e.g. DropBox. Something like that.

The above was probably the first time I mentioned dropbox in anything,
and yesterday I then received the first spam from dropbox. Amazing.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.1°C)