Re: [opensuse-factory] are all iso images hybrid images?
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 13:08:34 +0200
Le 30/05/2010 12:54, C a écrit :

Dual layer DVDs might be cheaper than USB stick, but if you have

wait, there are lot of USB dvd writers, I even have a USB blu-ray
writer! and 25/50 Go flash card are very expensive when a BD is only
$2 (empty)

up more and more... and when I'm asked to do an install, USB is often
the only practical choice.

of course we have to support *also* flash cards, but they are pretty
unreliable (easily broken when kept in pocket)

I still don't see a good reason why the DVD ISO isn't a hybrid that
can easily be dropped onto USB like the Live CDs can be. Maybe there
is one... dunno.

hybrid should be a very good system

jdd

--