Re: [opensuse-factory] are all iso images hybrid images?
  • From: Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 23:39:54 +0200
On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 09:34 +0200, C wrote:
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 06:02, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:
Currently, only the LiveCDs are hybrid
(check with fdisk -l openSUSE-DVD-Build0625-x86_64.iso ).
For DVD and NET isos you would still have to use the old way, which (in
spite of the wiki saying so) is not all obsolete:
http//en.opensuse.org/SuSE_install_from_USB_drive

This procedure on the Wiki is needlessly complicated.

DVDs are a dead technology for more and more people these days. DVDs
are going the way of floppy disks. I think it's very short sighted
and rather silly that we are not fully supporting writing the DVD ISO
to USB.

Hm, well comparing what is on the dvd and on the online installation
tree, there is some discrapancy.
So either one should start distributing the distro on a blu-ray (holds
50G) or ship the box with an USB-stick.

But somehome i've got the distinct feeling that Dl-DD dvd are a bit
cheaper than same-size usb-stick. Could be wrong tho...

hw